Monday, October 24, 2011

New Fisheye Lens


[ Cool building by 합정역 ( Hapjeong Station ) ]



I've had my eye on a few different fisheye lenses for awhile now, but I finally did something about it. Yesterday, I took a trip out to 용산역 [Yongsan Station] to do some price scouting. Of course, I'm terrible at playing with toys and not buying them, so I obviously left with a new Samyang fisheye lens. I'm extremely happy with it. It really gives my photos a whole new perspective. I snapped a few shots in the area, then I headed out to 홍대 [Hongdae] for coffee and some more test shots.

It was a nice, cool day full of photo fun. After 홍대, I went out to 이태원 [Itaewon] to meet friends for a birthday get together. We ate at a fancy restaurant, called Macaroni Market. I didn't actually eat; I just had two beers, but I used this and the following bar outing as an opportunity to test out the lens a bit more. The photos came out very well.

Today, I went out to 홍대 yet again to meet 은경 for dinner and a movie. I snapped a few more shots with my new toy and called it quits for the weekend. Take a look and let me know what you think.


Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye
[ 10/22/2011 - 용산, 서울역, 홍대 & 이태원 ]

samyang-lens
[ New Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens ]

[ 용산 crossing ]

[ 서울역 ( Seoul Station ) ]

[ 홍대역 ( Hongdae Station ) ]

[ Street Shopping in 홍대 ]

[홍대 graffiti ]

[ 홍대 ]

[ 상상마당 ( Sangsang Madang ) ]

[ Castle Praha in 홍대 ]

[ 홍대 ]

[ Like Des Moines International... HA ]

[ Another Shot ]

[ Dinner: Paul & Tim ( the new teachers ) ]

[ Bathroom ]

[ Paul in 이태원 ]

[ 지선 ( Ji-sun ) & Calvin ]

( ME )

[ Subway Fun ]

[ Another ]

[ Connor ]

[ Laura ]

[ Justin ]


Sigma 30mm f/1.4
[ 10/22/2011 - 용산, 서울역, 홍대 & 이태원 ]

[ 지선 & Justin ]

[ Tim ]

[ Connor ]

[ Paul ]


Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye
[ 10/23/2011 - 홍대 ]

[ Awesome cotton candy dog in 홍대 ]

[ Streets of 홍대 ]

[ Tis the season ]

[ Yep ]

[ 은경 ]

[ Flea Market ]

[ Another ]

[ Another bathroom ]

No comments:

Post a Comment