Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Le Saigon / Hollywood Grill in Itaewon [이태원]

IMG_7389
( Le Saigon [르사이곤] )


Itaewon [이태원] on a Saturday Night
2014/03/01 @ 이태원 [Itaewon]

After finishing our winter semester, we were rewarded with a three-day weekend. We spent Thursday & Friday night having a good time with Celia. We woke up on Saturday to say our goodbyes, ate some burgers at a local shop, then eventually, headed into Seoul once again. Wyatt, CJ & I had some great Vietnamese food at Le Saigon in 이태원 [Itaewon]. After food, we met up with the hockey crew over at Hollywood Grill, where they were having the draft for the upcoming season.


Le Saigon [르사이곤]

IMG_7385
( CJ was filming the cooks. )

IMG_7391
( He brought his own sraracha. )

IMG_7392
( I think these were called Emperor Rolls. )

IMG_7395
( Wyatt got some Spring Rolls. )

IMG_7400
( Munch time )

IMG_7401
( Wyatt ordered the Pho. )

IMG_7404
( It was a pretty amazing bowl of noodles. )

IMG_7405
( CJ & I ordered Banh Mi sandwiches. )

IMG_7407
( I got the pork, and CJ got the chicken. I know that you can't see the marinated meat inside, but it was so so good. )

IMG_7408
( We also each had a Bia Ha Noi. )


Hollywood Grill

IMG_7419
( I found a Lykeion backpack sitting on the bench next to me. We all thought it was pretty odd, because our hagwan is quite small and only located in Suwon. )

IMG_7422
( Then we found the owner, Charlton. )

IMG_7424
( Alex was there. )

IMG_7432
( Can you find Drew? )

IMG_7434
( It was pretty much 100% foreigners at this place. )

IMG_7439
( I don't remember this fella's name, but I'm sure someone can figure it out for me. )

IMG_7442
( CJ & Wyatt )

IMG_7455
( Andrew was there, too. )

IMG_7456
( Andrew, with some of his pals. )

IMG_7460
( Drew and I played catch up that night. I miss having that guy around. )

IMG_7469
( Wyatt & Charlton )

IMG_7472
( CJ )

IMG_7476
( Wyatt )

IMG_7478
( Alex, with a guy in a helmet )

Related Posts

Untitled   Untitled   Untitled   Untitled
           Mini Golf                        East Siders                    Erik's Birthday                 Noksapyeong


How to get to Le Saigon:
Itaewon Station [이태원역] (Seoul Subway Line 6) - Exit 4

How to get to Hollywood Grill:
Itaewon Station [이태원역] (Seoul Subway Line 6) - Exit 2

Itaewon Directions
( Here's a map. )

Le Saigon
( Le Saigon )

Hollywood Grill
( Hollywood Grill )


For more on my life in Korea, check out my tumblr account: Public Intox in Korea



Feel free to comment or email me with questions or comments: spenser.r.ford@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment